Da_sh editions 1st international Composition Competition
Works for Piano solo
Da_sh editions together with Da_sh recordings are promoting a new composition competition for works for piano solo. The aim of the competition is to discover new works and talented composers in order to promote their pieces through the realization of a new printed edition together with a new professional recording of the winning work.
The jury of the competition is formed by composers and staff from Da_sh editions together with pianist Duncan Gifford.
- Composers of any age and nationality are welcome to participate.
- Composers who already have works printed by Da_sh editions are NOT eligible.
- Composers must be 18 or over at the time of application.
- Compositions for Piano solo only, in any style, duration and year of composition are allowed.
- Preparation of the piano is allowed.
- The use of electronics is allowed (fixed or live electronics; 2 channels only).
- Compositions that won a previous prize, were performed publicly or non-professionally recorded are allowed.
- Compositions already published or with a professional recording (CD or Digital Album) are NOT allowed.
- Submitted scores can be handwritten, but must be perfectly readable. Unreadable scores will be unconsidered.
- If the winning piece uses electronics, the audio file for the electronics or patch for live electronics must be immediately provided by the composer when requested.
- The winner composition will receive:
- 500 € in cash prize;
- Edition of the piece by Da_sh editions (optional);
- Recording of the piece by Da_sh recordings in September 2021 with pianist Duncan Gifford, to be included in a new Digital Album (Reflections II) distributed in Spotify, iTunes and Amazon.
- Additional prizes might be granted according to jury decisions.
- The jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
- By signing the application form, the winner composer gives the permission to record the winning piece, without any further compensation for it. She/he will nevertheless maintain their copyright of the work.
- Score in PDF format (Anonymous, with the name of the piece only.
- Application form filled in and signed (Download the application form here).
- A mp3 recording of the piece. MIDI realizations are accepted.
- A short commentary of the piece (PDF format).
- A copy of a valid ID or Passport (PDF format).
- Payment of the entry fee. Every composer is free to send as many pieces as wished. The first entrance has a fee of 30€.
Additional entries have a fee of 10€ (Send one application for each entry).
- The entry fee can be payed through PayPal. it is also possible to pay the fee using credit cards in the same page, in the case you do not have a PayPal account. Connect to the PayPal payment page by clicking the button below.
- The Deadline is February 15th, 2021(23:59 Madrid time). All applications must be sent before this deadline and the according fees payed.
- Results will be announced by March 15th, 2021 by mail to each participant and at this same webpage.
(Use this link for the first entry)
(Use this link for each additional entry)