Da_sh editions 3rd International Composition Competition
Works for ensemble
Da_sh editions together with Da_sh recordings are promoting a new edition for the international composition competition in 2022/2023. This new edition is open to works for ensemble (mezzosoprano, 2 clarinets in B-flat (one doubling - bass clarinet), violin, viola, violoncello, double bass) in any combination from 2 to 7 players. The aim of the competition is to discover new works and talented composers in order to promote their pieces through the realization of a new printed edition together with a new professional recording of the winning work.
The winning work will also receive a première in a public concert in Budrio/Bologna (Italy).
The Italian based Istantanea ensemble will be in charge of both recording and concert and some of its members, part of the jury, together with composers and staff from Da_sh editions.
- Composers of any nationality are welcome to participate.
- Composers must be 18 or over at the time of application.
- Previous prize winners and composers who already have works printed by Da_sh editions are NOT eligible.
- Compositions in any style, duration and year of composition are allowed.
- Pieces for 2 to 7 players using any combination of: one Mezzosoprano, two clarinets in B-flat (one doubling allowed: bass-clarinet), one violin, one viola, one violoncello and one Double Bass are allowed.
- The use of electronics is allowed (fixed or live electronics; 2 channels only). The electronics part must be sent together with the application.
- Compositions that won a previous prize, were performed publicly or non-professionally recorded are allowed.
- Compositions already published or with a professional recording (CD or Digital Album) are NOT allowed.
- Submitted scores can be handwritten, but must be perfectly readable. Unreadable scores will be unconsidered.
- Texts, if any, can be in any language, but must be free of copyright or authorized by the author.
- The winner composition will receive:
- 1000 € in cash prize;
- Edition of the piece by Da_sh editions (optional);
- Recording of the piece by Da_sh recordings in May / June 2023 with Istantanea ensemble to be included in a new Digital Album distributed in Spotify, iTunes and Amazon.
- Première of the winning piece in a public concert in Budrio / Bologna (Italy) in May / June 2023.
- Additional prizes might be granted according to jury decisions.
- The jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
- By signing the application form, all prize winners give their permission to record their prized piece, as well as its interpretation in public concert without any further compensation. She/he will nevertheless maintain their copyright of the work.
- Score in PDF format (Anonymous, with the name of the piece only.
- Application form filled in and hand-signed (Download the application form here).
- A mp3 recording of the piece if any (NOT mandatory). MIDI realizations are accepted.
- A short commentary of the piece (PDF format).
- Electronics part (patch / code / fixed media) if any.
- A copy of a valid ID or Passport (PDF format).
- Authorization from text author, if any or necessary.
- Payment of the entry fee. Every composer is free to send as many pieces as wished. The first entrance has a fee of 35€.
Additional entries have a fee of 10€ (Send one application for each entry).
- The entry fee can be payed through PayPal. It is also possible to pay the fee using credit cards in the same page, in the case you do not have a PayPal account. Connect to the PayPal payment page by clicking the button below. If you don't have access to PayPal in your country, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Deadline is April 15th, 2023 (23:59 Madrid time). All applications must be sent before this deadline and the according fees payed.
- Results will be announced by May 1st, 2023 by mail to each participant and at this same webpage.
- Any questions regarding the competition must be sent to: email@example.com
Prize winners 2020/2021 (works for piano solo)
Interiors for solo prepared piano - Money prize/Edition of the piece/Recording of the piece
2nd Prize (additional) - Ji Seon Lee - (South Korea)
Snowflake for piano and live electronics - Money prize/Recording of the piece
Honorable Mention - Ardavan Vossoughi (Iran)
Hu Ma Ya for piano solo
Prize winners 2021/2022 (works for flute solo)
1st prize - Dominik Karski (Poland/Australia)
The Unquenchable for amplified alto flute - 1000€/Edition of the piece/Recording of the piece
Richard Heller (Austria) - Canticum for bass flute solo
Pedro Berardinelli (Portugal) - para por for bass flute solo